Updated Aug 14, 2019
Your continued use of the Payment for Stripe app means you agree to the Terms below.
In the U.S., Stripe collects 2.9% + $0.30 on every transaction. You can read more about that here: Stripe Pricing. This fee has nothing to do with Payment and is involved in the terms you opted into with Stripe. The fee also varies by your country, so make sure you understand the fees before making your first charge.
Payment collects a 1% transaction fee on every charge you capture from within the app, including Subscriptions. For example, if you charge someone $20, Payment collects $0.20.
Who can use the app?
You must be 16 years or older to use the Payment for Stripe app.
Payment doesn't own your data
In fact, we don't even want it. We only want to show you your data. This is why we don't have a way for you to upload data to us. All of your account data, transactions, customers and any other information you provide to the app is all stored at Stripe.
Collection of Data
Payment tracks certain user data points that assist with customer support and troubleshooting. This data is stored for our own internal purposes, and only includes the items that come with granting access to your Stripe account. This data includes:
- Email address - When you connect your Stripe account, we are then able to see your email address.
- Stripe tokens - So the app can make charges on your behalf.
- Stripe Account Id - So we can identify your account to help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.
- Crash-related data - we utilize Crashlytics (part of Fabric.io, a Google company)
- Analytics-related data - we utilize Mixpanel to gain insight on how to improve the application user experience.
We use an encrypted database that is hidden behind Amazon Web Services’ Elastic Cloud (via hosting provider Heroku, which contains multiple layers of encryption. We can delete this data at any time upon request.
Loss of Data
Since Payment relies on Stripe, we have no control over what happens with their servers. Since we don't store your transactional data (it's stored at Stripe),
we can't assist with getting it back. If you wish to delete your Stripe account, you can do so at Stripe.com.
Removing the App
You can delete the app at any moment which will remove your data from the device and our servers. Additionally, send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line "REMOVE ACCOUNT" and we will remove any data we have related to your account.
We'll be sorry to see you go.
The following items are stored on your device:
- Request token (so we can make requests to Stripe on your behalf)
The following items are NOT stored by Payment:
- Credit cards and accompanying information
- Customer information
- Bank account numbers
- Transaction history
What data rights do you have?
You have the right to delete your personal information. When you request that we delete your personal information, we take several steps:
- Obfuscate your name
- Obfuscate your email address
- Obfuscate your device ID
- You have the right to access any data that you provide to Payment for Stripe.
- You have the right to take your data with you. This is commonly referred to as "The Right to Portability".
How do you exercise your data rights?
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "DATA RIGHTS" and let us know if you'd like your personal information deleted.
We'll ensure your requests are met and completed within the required 30 days.
By connecting Payment to your Stripe account you agree to allow us to store the above data.
If you ever need help with the app or have questions, do not hesitate to email: [email protected].
If you have trouble with your Stripe account, please reach out to them directly at Stripe Support.